Saturday, July 25, 2009

Steven Wells

Steven wells, a British Journalist who recently died from enteropathy-associated T-cell lymphoma wrote of his experiences in a Philadelphia Emergency Room a few months before his death. Following is an excerpt.... “I’m writing these notes in the ER blitzed off my tits on Vicodin and synthetic heroin. Outside in the corridor some poor bastard who got crushed by a bowling ball stacking machine is screaming like a baby with Tourette’s. I should be experiencing compassion but instead I’m feeling disappointed. I’ve been brought up by American TV to expect the stabbed, the gut-shot and the Mafia-kneecapped to be fistfighting with the gangbangers, the crack addicts and the self-mutilating anorexic Goth chicks in ER waiting rooms. Instead there’s just lots of very fat people feeding McDonald’s to even fatter children." Nice description, except I do see a lot of self mutilating Goths, or "Emos" as I have recently learned most of them are called.

No comments:

Post a Comment