Thursday, November 26, 2009

Macy's Parade and Football

Watching the Macy's parade. I can't believe it is actually ending this early. Growing p it seemed like it went on all day, and as far back as I can remember I HATED it! it was so boring and my mom always made us watch it, or at least have it on. I always wanted to watch cartoons, or, later on, the lions play football. I have to admit I had a little thing for the lions there for a time. Not sure why. I hate detroit, and every other sports team from michigan. I guess because they always played on thanksgiving, and I always enjoyed watching football on that day, and they were the underdogs. I realize now that they will never improve. In fact, I don't really care for the NFL at all. Maybe because we don't really have a team here in arkansas. Anyway, it seems that the NFL is a rather blue-collar sport. The league came into bieng in the days when all the majority of the country had never been to college and worked in factories and couldn't feel an attachment to a college team, so they followed the city team instead. Today, the majority of americans have been to college, and it is also much more accepted to follow a team even if you didn't go to college there. So, why do we need the NFL? The drama associated with it seems to be the only thing people follow now anyway. After the long, unintended digression, I will say that I do enjoy the parade now, and I watched the whole thing, and now I'm watching the dog show.

No comments:

Post a Comment